Monday, July 8, 2013

Beaches and Blogs

Dear music lovers,

Happy summer! My name is Ashley and I will be bringing you along on a refreshing blogging adventure to last the rest of the hot and humid summer months. In addition to the fabulous commentary provided by Maestro Fast on the KSA’s season, I will be adding my own input on classical music and those who write and play it while the Maestro's on the golf course.

A bit about this young stranger talking at you: I am a student marketing assistant with the Kingston Symphony for the summer. I am starting my MA in English at Queen’s in the fall after my bachelor’s degree from the University of Manitoba. I have a rich history working with and around classical music with the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra and at the Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall, and through my own musical studies. But enough about me.

I’ve been thinking a lot about what will make my posts popular and successful. What will inspire each and every one of you to think, “wow! She’s a fabulous and nuanced writer! I must immediately share this with everyone I know!” After some musing and a reality check, I realized that what it comes down to is what you, the reader, want to read about. Leave me some comments and I’ll be happy to find the inside story on what you’re looking for. Until then, I’ll tell you a bit about our season and get you the inside scoop on our musicians, and the scandalous lives of your favourite composers.

Tell me what you’re interested in, what you want to know about the Kingston Symphony, classical music, our guest artists, life in Kingston, or even my cats (I promise, they really are fascinating)! I’ll do my best to get you the information you want and keep you entertained along the way. So stick around and, as Horace would have it, I will both instruct and delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment